Kawasaki’s Ninja 10-R superbike takes “top notch” to a whole new level.
“To stay on top, you have to keep learning and improving.” -- TopSpeed.com
And improve Kawasaki did when they introduced the 2014 Ninja ZX-10R to the superbike market. “Perfectly suited for both racetracks and streets,” the Ninja ZX-10R is about as purebred as a sportbike can get, offering an excellent blend of power and handling abilities thanks to these three elements: highly advanced front and rear suspension, optimal chassis geometry, and Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC).
Buy a motorcycle online in a snap. You won’t even have to leave the couch!
RumbleOn is committed to helping you find the ride of a lifetime. Shop our impressive inventory and find a motorcycle for sale that suits your style and needs. Buy or trade in motorcycles today.
According to TopSpeed.com, the S-KTRC system is designed to “maximize performance by using complex analysis to predict when traction conditions are about to become unfavorable.” In other words, this Ninja can respond to changes in terrain with a deftness that completely justifies the namesake it bares: “There’s more data gathering and analysis going on here than on any other Kawasaki in history, and it’s all in the name of helping racers inch closer to the elusive ‘edge’ of maximum traction than ever before.”
Video Source: MotoPage YouTube
The S-KTRC system makes it possible for the Ninja 10R to achieve some of the most astute power delivery of its class. So, too, do its chromoly steel camshafts, large intake valves, and wide, polished intake ports. Combined, these elements enhance engine braking, center of gravity, and power delivery. Yes sir, the Ninja ZX-10R is all about confidence-inspiring performance, whether you’re a closed-course racer or a street rider.
Photo Source: Total Motorcycle
The anodized damper unit is also more than ideal, performing remarkably at both high and low speeds, and in nearly all riding scenarios, thanks to its Öhlins’ twin-tube design—and it doesn’t sacrifice high-speed stability, either! One thing’s for sure, if you covet light and nimble steering, the Ninja ZX-10R is just what the doctor ordered.
In terms of comfort, a 32-inch seat height and adjustable foot pegs (give or take 15 mm) mean that the 10-R provides a reasonably (emphasis on “reasonably”) comfortable adventure ride.
Kawasaki Ninja 10-R Specs
- Engine: 998cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Bore x Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Fuel System: DFI® with four 47mm Keihin throttle bodies with oval sub-throttles, two injectors per cylinder
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance and Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC)
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 56.1 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 43mm inverted Big Piston Fork (BPF), adjustable rebound and compression damping, spring preload adjustability / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Horizontal back-link with gas-charged shock, stepless, dual-range (low-/high-speed) compression damping, stepless rebound damping, fully adjustable spring preload / 5.5 in
- Front Brakes: Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Braking (KIBS), dual semi-floating 310mm petal discs with dual four-piston radial-mount calipers
- Rear Brakes: KIBS-controlled, single 220mm petal disc with aluminum single-piston caliper
- Overall Length x Width x Height: 81.7 x 28.1 x 43.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.0 in.
- Rake/Trail: 25 degrees / 4.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 436.6 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
For a used Kawasaki motorcycle, the 2014 Ninja ZX-10R can sure hold its own. Have you ever owned or ridden a used Kawasaki Ninja? Tell me all about it in a comment!
We have thousands of used motorcycles! Trade for Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10Rs today.
Want to reinvigorate your ride? Buy a used Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R for sale from RumbleOn’s inventory! We have every ride imaginable, including ATVs, motorcycles, cars, and trucks. So, if you have a vehicle collecting dust in your garage, send us the VIN and we’ll calculate the trade-in value for FREE. Within 15 minutes, you’ll be able to trade a motorcycle for anything in RumbleOn’s online selection of vehicles! Get started now.