The Lone Star Rally in Galveston also referred to as the Galveston bike rally, is a party-packed weekend with live entertainment, bike shows, and vendors happening from Thursday, November 4 - Sunday, November 7th. What we’re saying is there’s something for everyone and you will be hard-pressed to find yourself bored deep in the heart of Texas during this rambunctious weekend.
Lone Star Rally 2021
While the Lone Star Rally might not have been around as some of the other long-standing motorcycle rallies, it has made a BIG name for itself since it started in 2001. An expected 500,000 (or more) are set to travel to Galveston, Texas for this wild weekend by the seaside for good music, good weather, and above all else, good bikes. The weather is mild during the day, and the scene heats up at night. Read on to see what events will be happening around town, where to stay, and other info that’s good to have on hand!
Biketoberfest Around Galveston, Texas
The events in Galveston take over the Seawall to Mechanic Street during the Lone Star Rally. The streets are packed with different vendors, bars, bikes shows, and more. The RumbleOn display will be in a prime location along the seawall, adjacent to the 4 Points Sheraton hotel where we’ll be giving out cash offers for bikes, and playing games for instant cash prizes.
There’s no shortage of things to do and places to see to offer the best bike-watching and people-watching. There are bike-friendly bars where you can stop in for a cold one and swap stories with other road warriors.
Biker-friendly Bars in Galveston, Texas
- Beerfoot Brewery - Beerfoot Brewery is located at 28th and Seawall and is the place to go for craft beers on tap, specifically 33, over 100 bottled and canned craft beers, and island vibes. You also get free peanuts while you find your new favorite drink. What’s not to love?
- Float Pool and Patio Bar - Located on Seawall Boulevard, Float offers great drinks, food, and views of the gulf coast. Day or night, you’ll have a great time.
- Murphy’s on Main - Murphy’s on Main is Galveston’s oldest biker bar. It’s a little off the main drag, but their pizza, beer selection, and great atmosphere can’t be skipped.
- Tsunami's Exotic Tequila Emporium - If you like tequila then this is the place for you! There are 45 tequilas available, 12 styles of margaritas, and delicious appetizers from Yagas next door. Stop by for some good times and good drinks.
Events and Shows in Galveston
Bike Shows During Lone Star Rally
- Cycle Source Magazine’s Ride In Custom Bike Show - Enter the best of show, the winner gets a feature in Cycle Source Magazine and the best custom bike wins $500. The show is from 10 am - 4:30 on Saturday, November 6th.
- Cycle Source Magazine’s Old Time Motorcycle Rodeo Games - Join in the fun for some motorcycle games including a whiskey barrel roll, weenie bite, slow race, and plank walk. Happening on Friday, November 5th at 12 pm, located at Beach Central Seawall.
- Torque Performance Magazine’s - Performance Bike Show - Best of show bike gets a full feature in torque performance magazine. There are 12 different classes to enter into for the competition. Located at the Hendley Green – 2028 Strand Street on Friday, November 5th.
- Slingshot Showdown - This event is happening all 4 days and is your Slingshot home base! Each day is packed with competitions, games, and other group activities. Free event parking for slingshots is also available here! 2620 Seawall Blvd.
Lone Star VIP Packages 2021
VIP Packages are an exciting way to experience the Lone Star Rally. Depending on which package you get, you can enjoy a private bathroom for pass holders, special stage access before and after events, access to VIP area including balconies, and special bars. There are 4 VIP packages to choose from and each has its special perks.
- Single Day and Weekend VIP Balcony Access - Enjoy access to 3 different rooftops overlooking the action of the main strip.
- Platinum VIP Balcony Access - Limited amount of people per balcony. Enjoy extra perks like special events and souvenirs.
- All Access Seawall & VIP Balcony - The highest level of VIP to enjoy Lone Star Rally. All the perks plus private bathrooms, bars, and more!
Live Music and Band Schedule
There are two large stages at Lone Star Rally and live bands happening all over the island. The two main stages are the Miller Lite Stage - Saengerfest Park at 2300 Strand Blvd and the Progressive Stage - Beach Central Park 2102 Seawall Blvd. All concerts are free to enjoy for anyone!
Parking at Lone Star Rally
Motorcycle parking from Seawall to Mechanic Street has many parking areas to use. It’s actually harder during Lone Star Rally to find parking for your car (which is totally fine by us.) This event map clearly marks out where to park your bike, so make sure you save it!
Parking passes for the day or weekend are available online. It’s always easier to buy them ahead of time, but if you didn’t get a chance to before making your way to Galveston, you can buy them at any of the official LSR parking lots when you get there.
Lone Star Rally Accommodations
When you are looking for a place to stay in Galveston and the surrounding areas, you have a lot to choose from. There are many hotels that are great options to be close to the action, but these often are the first to go when it comes to staying on the island. Camping is another option that is plentiful and will let you choose what kind of setting you are looking for (RV camping, on the beach, etc.)
- Hotels - Since Galveston is a popular travel spot, there are a lot of hotels on the island. These usually fill up fast and can also get pricey around the rally.
- RV and Tent Camping - RV and tent camping is a great option for staying close to the action, but not staying in a hotel. There are several places you can stay, but just be sure you pay attention to the minimum night stay and the campground rules!
- Rental Properties - Galveston island is a popular tourist destination, which means there are a lot of rental properties to choose from, which might be a better option if you are traveling with a large group, or just want a little more space.
If you are looking for more information, visit www.lonestarrally.com for more information.
Have you ever been to Lone Star Rally? If you are going this year, what are you most excited about?