A Review of the 2019 Kawasaki ZX-6R
One brand that consistently knocks it out of the park when it comes to performance machinery is none other than Kawasaki, whose history is as rich and vibrant as the iconic green donning its impressive line of powersports. And in 2019, they hit the proverbial grand slam yet again with the 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R.
Editorial credit: betto rodrigues / Shutterstock.com
Trade in motorcycles online from anywhere in your house!
At RumbleOn, the trade-in possibilities are limitless. Trade cars for motorcycles, motorcycles for trucks, SUVs for cars, and anything in between! Get a trade-in value for your ride in 15 minutes.
Kawasaki motorcycles are attention-grabbers, for sure. And down to its ‘Kawasaki green’ core, the 2019 ZX-6R is an impressive sight to behold. It has a 636cc inline-four that inspires power and prowess on the racetrack, and rider ergonomics that promise comfort and exceptional racing form.
But, aside from an engine that crams butterflies into your stomach, the ZX-6R is incredibly intuitive. Thanks to its KQS quick-shifter, it can handle power upshifts easily, and the coolest part is, this technology is clutchless: “Designed to help riders maximise their acceleration on the circuit by enabling clutchless upshifts with the throttle fully open, KQS detects that the shift lever has been actuated and sends a signal to the ECU to cut ignition so that the next gear can be engaged without having to use the clutch.” Sure, you may be unphased by this tidbit of information; after all, isn’t part of the riding experience incumbent upon using the clutch? Still, even I, a diehard Harley life-r, have to concede to how cool KQS is.
Furthermore, the ZX-6R arrives with the latest in Kawasaki electronics, including three levels of traction control (with the ability to shut TC off), two power modes, and optional ABS. As for the chassis, suspension, and brakes, those remain unchanged, but, according to Ultimate Motorcycling, they were optimal to begin with.
Finally, we spotlight the 2019 Kawasaki ZX-6R’s looks. While, personally, I prefer Harley’s robust chassis and traditional styling, the ZX-6R looks like it straight up belongs in GQ Magazine. Boasting a redesigned front cowl that provides a better view of the road ahead, as well as new LED headlamps and taillights, and refashioned heel guards, this all-new street bike looks as slick as it rides.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 6R Specs
- Engine: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse In-Line 4-Cylinder
- Displacement: 636cc
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 45.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
- Fueling: DFI® with Keihin 38mm Throttle Bodies (4) TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder, Kawasaki quick shifter (upshift only)
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm inverted Showa SFF-BP fork with top-out springs, stepless compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Bottom-link Uni-Trak® with gas-charged shock, stepless compression damping adjustment, 25-way adjustable rebound damping, fully adjustable spring preload / 5.9 in.
- Front Brakes: Dual 310mm Petal Discs with Radial Mount, Opposed 4-Piston Calipers, Available KIBS
- Rear Brake: Single 210mm Petal Disc, Available KIBS ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-ZR17
- Rear Tire: 180/55-ZR17
- L x W x H: 79.7 in. x 28.0 in. x 43.3 in.
- Rake / Trail: 24.5.° / 4.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Seat Height: 32.7 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 430 lbs (with ABS)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
Don’t let an older model year of the ZX-6R fool you into thinking they all ride like a bunch of used Kawasaki Ninjas, oh no. Because even if racing isn’t your thing, all Kawasakis—especially the 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R—deserve a standing ovation.
Trade a motorcycle the easy way in just 15 minutes or less!
Thinking about trading in your current ride for a Kawasaki? We make it easy to trade in motorcycles and other vehicles collecting dust in your garage. Just submit your bike to our website for a no-obligation cash offer. In 15 minutes, we’ll send you the trade-in value; keep the cash or use it to buy a motorcycle online from our impressive inventory of used powersports!
We’ll even ship any used motorcycle for sale from our website straight to your door. Get your trade-in value now!